My girls love the story of Beauty and the Beast. This classic story from Disney is a timeless tale that even preschoolers and toddlers can enjoy. My 4-year-old loves Belle's twirling through the fields of dandelions and dancing across the ballroom in her yellow ball gown. The intricacies of the Beauty and the Beast storyline escape her, but that doesn't prevent her from enjoying the overall story. My 2-year-old just tags along for the fun! To celebrate the upcoming movie, we recently made some fun Beauty and the Beast inspired kids' crafts so my daughters can twirl around the house as Belle, complete with her magic mirror and the Beast's enchanted rose. I hope you enjoy our fun Disney inspired kids' craft ideas!
Even my toddler is enchanted by #BeautyAndTheBeast! We are excited to see the Disney Beauty & The Beast live action movie coming to theathers March 17! Don't miss our fun magic mirror and enchanted rose kids' crafts on the blog! link in our bio #mymommyscene #BeOurGuest . . . . . . #cutekidsclub #childhood #kidslookbook #thatsdarling #postthepeople #toddlerlife #livethelittlethings #preschool #livelovelaugh #candidchildhood #childhoodunplugged #nothingisordinary #darlingmovement #letthekids #letthembelittle #thehappynow #happykids #cutekidsfashion #fashionkids #disney #disneyprincess
A photo posted by Katie Mommy Life (@mommyscene) on
We are so excited about Disney's new live action Beauty and the Beast movie, coming to theaters March 17, 2017! I can't wait to see this classic Disney tale turned into a gorgeous drama, complete with amazing costumes, enchanting scenes embellished by CGI, and the classic movie retold starring Emma Watson as Belle in this enchanting new role!
To make this enchanted mirror inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast, you just need some cardboard, paint, tin foil, and assorted jewels.
1. Cut out a piece of cardboard into the shape of a mirror. Trace the mirror shape onto a second piece of cardboard and cut out the front and handle of the mirror.
2. Cut a circle window in the front of the mirror and place a piece of tin foil between the two layers of cardboard.
3. Paint the individual pieces of the mirror, let dry, and then glue them together. I found hot glue to be most effective to hold our DIY mirror together since it dries quickly.
4. I glued a popsicle stick to the handle in between the two layers of cardboard to reinforce the handle of our DIY enchanted mirror kids' craft. The popsicle stick makes the handle a lot more sturdy for fun imaginative play.
5. Embellish your DIY enchanted mirror with jewels and glitter! This Beauty and the Beast inspired enchanted mirror craft is great for young kids because preschoolers and toddlers can decorate the mirror by themselves, and mom can help with gluing.
The Beauty and the Beast story wouldn't be complete without the Beast's enchanted rose! We made our own enchanted rose craft with a paper rose, glittery jewels, and a mason jar. To make one yourself, gather together a paper or silk rose with a stem, large bead with a hole in it, empty mason jar with a lid, washi tape, and any rhinestone decorative accents you want to use. This Beauty and the Beast inspired rose craft is super easy and fun to play with for hours afterward! Add lights inside the jar and watch your DIY enchanted rose glow in a dark room.
1. Glue the mason jar lid to the outer ring using hot glue. Glue a large bead to the inside center of the mason jar lid.
2. To attach the enchanted rose, glue the stem of the paper or silk rose inside the hole of the bead that is attached to the mason jar lid. Place the jar over the rose upside down and screw on the lid.
3. Decorate the jar lid with sparkly washi tape and glue on decorative rhinestones and jewels.
4. We made our lid removable and didn't tape it shut, so we could add LED lights inside the jar and have access to turn them off after playtime.
Easily glue your enchanted rose inside the mason jar by using a large bead to glue it to the lid. LED lights inside the jar give the enchanted rose a magically cool effect! Mason jars are pretty sturdy, so this enchanted rose won't easily break even through regular imaginative play!
What are you most excited to see in Disney's upcoming live action Beauty and the Beast? The amazing costumes? Cogsworth and Lumiere animated in all their CGI glory? The gorgeous backdrops and magical effects? Because the original Beauty and the Beast movie was animated in 1991 using the hand-drawn animation technique, it's one of the last classic animated Disney movies. I'm excited to see Beauty and the Beast retold with all the 21st century technology. Even though the original Beauty & the Beast will always be a classic, as a little girl I loved live action dramas with real people much more than animated movies.
Disney's upcoming live action adaptation of the studio's animated classic and one of the most beloved tales ever told, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, will be released in theaters nationwide on March 17, 2017, a dream come to life!
Disney's live action Beauty and the Beast brings the story and characters audiences know and love to life in a stunning, cinematic event, directed by Bill Condon and featuring an extraordinary ensemble cast. Watch this short clip for a sneak peek of Emma Watson singing!
Emma Watson as Belle
Luke Evans as Gaston
Ewan McGregor as Lumiere
Dan Stevens as the Beast / Prince Adam
Kevin Kline as Maurice
Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts
Ian McKellen as Cogsworth
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST opens in theaters everywhere on March 17th, 2017! ♥
All our opinions are exclusive to Mommy Scene & Green Scene Mom.
Instagram comments marked with a ♥