Hitting the beach this summer? It’s important to take care of your summer skin and keep track of your stuff while traveling and playing. It’s easy to luxuriously protect and pamper your skin with probiotics and minimize shaving unwanted hair with a budget-friendly body sugaring routine. Every mom will also love a fabulous Krafty Chix monogrammed bag to carry and organize summer essentials!
When we go to the beach we have lots of stuff to carry. I love piling everything into a tote bag; towels, sunscreen, extra clothes, water bottles, and snacks. How fun would it be to carry a personalized tote bag? These cute Krafty Chix totes can be monogrammed with your initials and they are super lightweight so they don’t add to the weight of whatever you have to carry around.
Chic On-The-Go Organization
I love these tote bags because the fabric dries quickly and you can throw the whole bag in the wash if it gets a bit sandy. The classic pastel colors and muted patterns contrast beautifully with the leather handles. Krafty Chix totes are a great way to carry all your family’s gear to the park or beach.
Krafty Chix bags also include several smaller styles that are perfect for carrying accessories and cosmetics. I can tuck my small sunscreen, lip balm, contact case, and hair accessories into this sparkly pink sequin bag. Of course my girls claimed the sparkle bag for their own; they have things to carry too!
Skin Ready For The Beach
Do you dislike shaving your legs every other day or so? Body sugaring is similar to waxing except it uses a sugary mixture that is heated, cooled and applied to an area of the body for hair removal. Strips of fabric are pressed on top of the mixture and then quickly stripped off. To remove all hair from a part of your body, you can continue to reapply section by section and tear off the fabric strips until the entire surface of your skin is smooth and hair-free.
Since the sugary paste can grab and pull the hair out deep at its roots, the new growth is slower to appear than if shaved. Skin is left soft and smooth and the mess is minimal because the mixture is water soluble and washes off easily.
- Candy thermometer
- 1 inch strips of cotton fabric about 10 inches in length
- Wooden popsicle sticks or a spatula
Body Sugaring Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Body Sugaring Instructions
Wash the skin surface well with soap and water, removing all traces of oil, makeup, deodorant and dirt. Pat dry.
Combine ingredients in a heavy saucepan and turn on the heat to medium.
Once it starts boiling, reduce heat to low and cook until the mixture reaches 250°F.
Stir often to prevent boiling over and then take off the heat.
For a thicker paste heat the mixture to 245°F.
Let it sit until it’s warm and then pour into a glass canning jar.
Continue to let it cool until the mixture reaches room temperature.
Warning! The mixture can cause serious burns if it’s not cooled down properly before applying.
How To Apply
- Lightly dust the surface of the skin with cornstarch and rub it in. Lightly is key, this will help protect the skin a bit so the paste doesn’t stick to it as much.
- Using the popsicle sticks, slather on a thin layer in the direction of the hair growth and cover it with cotton strips.
- Apply in batches of 3 or 4 strips until the entire area is covered.
- Rub the fabric a few times firmly in the direction of the hair growth.
- Let it sit for about a minute and then pull the skin tight with one hand and rip off each strip quickly with the other in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- Reapply as needed.
Body Sugaring Tips
- Body sugaring hurts but less than waxing. Regular application will help desensitize the pain over time.
- Hair should be at least 1/4 in. so the sugaring mixture has something to really grab onto.
- Hand wash the strips in warm soapy water, dry and reuse them again and again. Muslin or diaper flannel work well.
- Be careful to avoid growths such as skin tags, warts and moles. Also avoid applying on top of stretch marks, abrasions, scrapes or cuts, scar tissue, the delicate area around the eyes, rashes and varicose veins.
- Seal any leftovers in the jar and refrigerate to use later by simply reheating.
- If paste is too hard to work with, add a spoonful of water and reheat it in the microwave for a minute or so until it’s hot. Stir then allow the mixture to cool.
Refresh Your Skin After Sun Exposure
After a long day playing in the sun, it’s important to refresh your skin, especially the delicate skin on your face which can get the most sun. Will Dew Probiotic Milk Balancing Mask from Farmhouse Fresh nourishes with Organic probiotic coconut milk and certified Organic rice extract to calm inflammations and redness. Will Dew also contains sweet almond oil which is full of essential fatty acids such as linoleic acid that can help maintain the skin barrier and reduce dryness and minimize wrinkles.
This Farmhouse Fresh facial mask make my skin feel so silky, effectively resetting it after a hot and sunny day. It’s especially important to take care of your skin during hot weather but even cloudy days have their share of UV rays. I’m realizing more and more the importance of taking care of my skin and keeping it healthy as I get older. I’ll still have the same skin in 30 years! I love occasionally using this Will Dew Probiotic Milk Balancing Mask at the end of the day as part of my evening skin care routine.
How will you take care of your family during your summer adventures? We’d love to hear your tips for toting your gear and protecting your skin! Just leave us a comment below!
Katie has been married for 9 years, has 3 young children, and loves creative projects, photography, decorating, and encouraging others to pursue their ideas. She loves the Lord and feels blessed to be a stay-at-home mom with opportunities to enjoy creative outlets from home.
Holiday Gift Guide Giveaway!
Don't miss our fabulous holiday giveaway packed with gift ideas for babies, kids, and moms! Enter Here »